India (in the city of Deolali)
English, German, Hindi, Punjabi
D. Phil. in Modern History, Oxford University, Britain. Bachelors (B.A) and Masters (M.A) in History Honours, (St. Stephen’s College, Delhi University).
All India Radio, (India’s National Network) & Deutsche Welle Radio
TVI ( Anchor and Executive Producer) India’s first news and current affairs channel. Was part of the launch team.NDTV, Delhi: News Anchor and Associate Editor, SBS TV: Sydney, Australia: News Anchor, Reporter
With DW since:
"If you want to go fast, walk alone. If you want to go far, walk together."
What do I strive to be as a journalist?
My role as a journalist is to help join the dots. The importance of news for me lies in interpreting how it touches the lives of people, shapes their perceptions and informs their choices. News is about connecting.
7 things I particularly love about news
1. People are at the heart of news.
2. I want to reflect the concerns and aspirations of people in news.
3. News allows me to understand the complexity of people’s lives beyond the headlines.
4. Providing honest and fair news coverage can help people make informed choices.
5. I have an opportunity to raise critical issues which can shape the agenda.
6. News connects people from around the world.
7. Covering news is a privilege which comes with great responsibility.
Follow me on Twitter #link:http://www.twitter.com/AmritaCheemaTV:@AmritaCheemaTV#